4. Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Atomic structure, Isotopes

Read chapter 2 (51-55)  
OWLs due
Thursday Sept. 17: IC 1.3; 2.2 – 2.7

Study group volunteers

Book HW problems#: 120, 123, 130, 137, 146, 149

Sept 16

Sept 16

No sound today.  I tried to get better sound by plugging the wire into a jack on my computer -so naturally the wire was not connected to the microphone!

8 thoughts on “4. Wednesday, September 16, 2009

1. chem111-mjknapp Post author

Hi Shahzad,
    The HW from the book is self-graded. You are on the honor system to do this HW in order to master the course material. Trust me on this – if you can do the book HW easily, then you should be in great shape for the exams.

For study groups – the whole idea is to use each other as a reason to work a little harder to master the material – the contact person could even be struggling alot. All the more reason to get some classmates together to talk about the material. My undergraduate study groups were always best when they everybody wanted to learn. To be a study group contact: Just send me an email through OWL, and give me permission to list your name and email. I hope to hear from you soon!

2. Shahzad Master

I know this is a silly question, and i think i know the answer but i will ask anyway. is this hw going to be graded? i only ask because the online hw on OWL is graded. and aside from that i would like to volunteer for a study group if anyone is interested. atleast for the first half of the semeser or until i start struggling myself.

3. chem111-mjknapp Post author

Hi Alexander,
    The eBook does show the HW problems, but navigation is a little weird. In the upper left corner of the eBook viewer, you will see two blue arrows (left/right), and a white rectangle. enter “110” up there to get to the right page, and use the arrows to navigate AFTER you have found the right book section.

4. Alexander Assetta

I came into class a few minutes late Wednesday but do the numbers refer to the pages or a particular question in the book?, because i am looking through the online version of the 7th edition and I can’t seem to find these questions.

5. mcajusma

I am trying to keep up with the reading but I have the sixth edition of the book. Do I just follow the title of the reading because my pgs are different from what is given?

MK –> discussion moved to “Syllabus” page