excuses, excuses

Being a travel junkie, I spend a significant amount of time thinking and reading about traveling. I by no means think travel is everything, and I would encourage thoughtful and intentional travel whether you’re going on vacation or study abroad. I do think that traveling, whether to a new neighborhood, state, or country, is an incredible way to learn more about the world and yourself.

I found this article the other day on one of my favorite travel websites listing “10 excuses that shouldn’t keep you from studying abroad.” It’s a quick read that says neither money, time, or fomo (among other things) should stand in your way of studying abroad. Study abroad experiences can be anything from terribly unenjoyable to world-rockingly awesome, and sometimes can be a combination of both.  It can be scary to embark on an adventure but my feeling is that you never know what you’re capable of until you try.  Even if it’s difficult or scary to imagine leaving home, why deny yourself the opportunity to grow and learn in new ways?  I always remind myself that sometimes my greatest learning has come from my most challenging experiences. And you never know how much fun you can have until you go!