Progress Report #2

To be honest, I’ve been having a hard time with my Capstone project (I think most people have). I’ve only completed a little more than the first chapter (of 3 or possibly 4) of content, but I have my page design set up, and I have become a lot more familiar with the interface and the tools. I know that this will make drafting the rest of my content easier. Illustrator has SO many tools, it’s been hard to figure out what I should include. I thought it best to list all of the tools so that my readers could have an idea of what else they could learn, beyond what I covered in my guide. This alone was a much more tedious project than I planned. This is because I wanted to include an image of the icon for each tool. I wanted to make sure each image was the same size, and had the same format (stroke, alignment with text, etc.) This took a pretty big chunk of time, but I’m happy I did it because the process forced me to learn about tools I otherwise would have avoided or ignored. I’ve attached a sample module so that you can get a look at my page design.Module

One Reply to “Progress Report #2”

1. Hi Victoria. You spoke quite knowledgeably in class about Illustrator, which leads me to believe that you’re successfully learning about and engaging with the program.

You say you’re having a hard time with the project — it would help if you could explain a little more about what that means and what kind of feedback would be helpful from me at this point. I think you probably know that the document you write cannot hope to be comprehensive in its coverage. Are you still satisfied and comfortable with the chapters you’ve mapped out? Or would you like to meet to rethink some of the chapters and strategize your focus (for example)? The bottom line is this: can you carry out your plan and produce the deliverable on time, or do you need to adjust the plan?

js