My Top 15 – James Harrison

For me, YouTube is very rarely used source for entertainment. If I am using YouTube it is probably to look up a highlight reel goal or a game highlight that I may have missed from the night before. I am not an avid YouTube user by any means, however, I was able to pretty easily put together a playlist that I can relate to, and actually enjoyed doing it. I have never uploaded a video to YouTube or even made a playlist before today so I had fun creating My Top 15. In no specific order, and with a little help from friends, I was able to combine sports, comedy and music into a playlist that reflects a bit of who I am.

I began the playlist with a soccer video that was on the YouTube homepage as a recommended watch and I was immediately intrigued as I really enjoyed the Dude Perfect NHL video that they did with the Dallas Stars. The soccer video also attracted me because I am a fan of the Arsenal Football Club who is featured in the video and has a Champions League game coming up against Barcelona which is why I added the hype video to my playlist.

From the recommended Dude Perfect video I moved into some music to share. I am into country music and have seen Kenny Chesney, Eric Church, Billy Currington and Zac Brown Band in concert, so I wanted to share some of my favorite songs from them. I also added two songs; The State of Massachusetts and The Whip because they were the warm up songs for us last spring in the NCRHA National Championship tournament in which we finished second in the country. I was able to find one of our games against Kansas State in the round robin beginning stage of the tournament that we won 9-1. This year we are currently ranked number one in the nation and hoping to get back to the National Championship to change the outcome of last year’s game.

I think I have watched more Brian Regan on YouTube than anything else so I had to put his standup “I Walked on the Moon” on My Top 15, especially because I watched several clips of him just last night. Lastly, I am born and raised a die hard New England Patriots fan and couldn’t help but to add the final drive of Super Bowl 36 where John Madden is very willing to disagree with the Patriots game plan in the final two minutes. Tom Brady leads us down the field with a couple of great throws and Adam Vinatieri goes on to kick the game winning field goal with time expiring. The most recent Patriots Super Bowl win last year in Super Bowl 49 is one of the greatest games in NFL history so I had to add it and of course, the greatest player of all time needed his spot reserved on my playlist with a video I could watch 100 times a day.

I had fun with creating this playlist and I think it gives a good idea about my interests in sports, music and comedy. Although I am not the biggest YouTube user, I definitely take it for granted that at any given moment I can find just about any video I could ever imagine in a matter of seconds. YouTube for me is not an intricate part of my life, but it is something that I use more than I even realized before creating My Top 15.