What YouTube means to Me/My Top 15

I have been an active YouTube user since 2009. I have a set list of YouTubers that I am subscribed to. Some I have watched for years. I even have set notifications on my phone that let me know when they have posted a new video. I also follow many YouTubers on other social networking sites like Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat. I have many reasons for why I watch YouTubers and actively follow them on other social sites. One reason is for entertainment. Two YouTubers that I go to for laughs on my worst days are Shane Dawson and Jenna Marbles. I have subscribed to them for almost seven years now.  Not only do they inspire me to pursue my dreams, but they are apart of my daily life. It is as though I know them personally, since I have followed them over the years. They are funny, create their own content and truly care about their fans. It has been amazing to them evolve and grow throughout these seven years. Now they have made a living through YouTube and it has also allowed them to pursue other opportunities. For one, Shane Dawson has written and directed his own movie, Not Cool that can be streamed on Netflix. He has also written a book, I Hate MySelfie, and is currently working on his second book. Jenna, has a line of clothing, has promotions and more. Another reason I watch YouTubers is for advice on make up and clothing. To see YouTubers, test out products and give tutorials really helps me decide on what I should buy. Since I get to see the product in action from people I have watched for a long time, I get a better sense of what I should or should not buy. People like NikkieTutorials ,Patrick Starrr, Trisha Paytas and Jeffree Star, have taught me how to put on make up and what would work for me.

YouTube is helpful in more ways that just make up tutorials and clothing hauls. It is an escape from reality, a place for advice, a place to find others like you,and a place to be yourself. It is very simple to find videos on things you enjoy, things you are curious about and more. You can also share the content with your friends with a simple link. Or you can create your own content and share it with the world. If you are popular enough you can get payed. Some YouTubers only do YouTube as a form of income, getting payed for every view they receive on their videos. Although, it is certainly not a lifetime job, it can lead to bigger and better things. YouTuber Tyler Oakley, has written a book, done a tour, a documentary for Netflix and has been an interviewer on red carpets. YouTuber Colleen Evans has a Netflix Original show coming out soon based off a character she does and has also had sold out world tours as a comedian. YouTube is place for everyone, and everything, with an endless lists of opportunities.

My Top 15