What Youtube means to me/ My top 15 playlist

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkX4Eqc3j0tggJ17Toc6x2Lx7dtaG4_JD[/youtube]

I don’t use YouTube as much as most people do. Most people have a YouTube app on their phones or tablets but I don’t. I never felt that I used it frequently enough to download the app. I used to go on frequently to watch video blogs by Jenna Marbles who got her fame from YouTube. I used to watch them a few years ago but I quickly lost interest in following her blogs because I could never remember to watch them. That’s most of the reason why I don’t follow specific YouTube series’; it isn’t because I don’t enjoy them it’s mostly because I can never remember to watch them. If I ever go on YouTube it is to listen to songs that I don’t have in my iTunes library or if I am listening to Pandora to listen to a specific song.  Sometimes I’ll go on and watch viral videos but I usually end up there from another site. I don’t go to YouTube with the intent of watching viral videos. Although, whenever I do go on YouTube I end up on there for a long time. I fall down the “YouTube rabbit hole” as I like to call it. I’ll start listening to a song or watching a video and then before I know it its two hours later and I can’t even remember what I watched or how I got to whatever bizarre video I end up at.  I really enjoy funny videos on YouTube like Jimmy Kimmel’s mean tweet videos, clips from the Ellen show, and carpool karaoke. I actually just made a YouTube account to be able to upload videos for where I work not to watch videos. I also just found out about YouTube Red, I am slowly learning about what it consists of. Through this class I want to explore deeper into YouTube, I would like to learn about its advantages and disadvantages.

My roommate on the other hand loves YouTube, she subscribes to many different channels; mostly makeup videos and makeup tutorials. She follows the makeup artists closely on YouTube but not just on YouTube she follows them on different social media as well. She follows them on Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat. Her being able to follow them on different social media platform helps her keep up with when they put out new videos.  She will also watch YouTube videos for hours at a time, just by going on the sidebar and seeing similar videos. Once she discovers a new makeup artist she will binge on their makeup tutorials. These YouTubers have become so much a part of her life that she talks about them as if she knows them. She also has formed new friendships by bonding with people over watching the makeup tutorials. She won’t seek out new friends that watch YouTube videos but sometimes it comes up in conversation and then they will form a friendship from that. They’ll talk about different makeup artists, whether they like the same people or not, who else to follow and other stuff.