YouTube Playlist – Patrick Kwon

Nujabes[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwSMwWyp1tVoNZvNEzPiamurD1U7ASfHo[/youtube]

I mainly use youtube for entertainment. I put an artwork of Nujabes doing his thing for the cover, because I really enjoy his work. I also use youtube to learn various skills. My playlist is a jumble of various videos that I found interesting/helpful in my life.

I believe that youtube is such a great medium. I utilize Youtube for entertainment and skill development for the most part. I enjoy videos of Nujabes, who was a Japanese record producer. His music is not really that mainstream. So I can’t really find too many of his work on Spotify or sometimes even Souncloud. However, YouTube has a lot of his work. His real name is Jun Seba, by the way.

I put into my playlist other useful videos as well, such as “tying a tie” or even an instructional video on U-substitution. I did this to show how YouTube can be utilized for learning life skills. I suppose U-sub isn’t really a life skill, but this video really helped me when I was taking Calculus.

Another one of my videos is “All My Friends” by Chance the Rapper, Snakehips, and Tinashe. This song pretty much sums up my college career, and I love being able to find it on YouTube.

My seventh video on the playlist is a “big think” video, featuring Michio Kaku. I found this video to be mind blowing. I think it is so beautiful that these types of videos are so readily accessible through YouTube.

My next video is a Nigahiga video. I enjoy watching videos like these to blow off steam or just be entertained for a little while. Although the content is not award worthy or even the best of production value, I think it is really cool for someone to just create videos to be funny on the internet. This may seem sort of obvious, but the fact that some funny guy was able to get really popular just by posting videos of himself on Youtube is very  interesting to me. I think this really illustrates the digital generation, and how it can give regular people a big voice.

My workout videos are sprinkled throughout the playlist. These just show how many things YouTube has to offer.

I have a few J. Cole videos on the playlist. Cole is one of my favorite rappers. I think that his music is very intellectual, and although I can not completely relate, I understand the pain and struggle that is portrayed in his music. I think that YouTube is so powerful because it allows music to be spread and listened to so easily. YouTube, with the exception of YouTube red, is not necessarily a easy way to listen to music on a mobile device. However, I think that even if an individual can listen to a song just once through YouTube, that is a very powerful concept. Giving people access to information is a really crucial thing in the digital age, and I believe that, that is why Youtube is so powerful as a medium.