Music on YouTube reflection

Reflect on music on YouTube. What I do with it. Is it better than than any other thing I use?

I do not really rely heavily on YouTube for music. I do not have a playlist or two to cycle through songs unlike several people I have seen. All the songs I listen to frequently are all in my iTunes, separated into 11 (so far) genres or playlists.

With regards to music, I mostly use YouTube to find videos of songs with a title I already know but not really something to listen to frequently (maybe just for nostalgia, such as the opening melody for Doraemon), or to find songs of a specific genre (Okinawan songs), or listen to unique performances of songs I already know (Senbonzakura Japanese instrument version), or parodies or MAD videos. Again, other than that, iTunes does the job I want of cycling through music.

Until a couple of years ago I used to use a Chinese site xiami.com for finding songs with titles I already know, but since when it has become unavailable in the US, YouTube has been the replacement.

I can always resort to music streaming, such as radio or streaming sites. However, many of these feature localized pop songs which are not of my interest and something I wish that would disappear from this planet (okay, exaggeration).

There is a Japanese equivalent of YouTube called NicoNico Douga. I would say that this is better to watch parodies and MADs because there are a greater number of them, and to see reactions of other viewers because comments stream past over the video, usually coming right after what that commenter is writing about. However, the videos are of lower quality and slow loading at times, because paid accounts are prioritized.

As a conclusion, I believe YouTube for music is second to iTunes. It constantly has new content and a wide variety of it to, and I can usually find what I am looking for and just listen away.