The Future of T.V

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8R4ZoIMx7M[/youtube]

I wouldn’t really say that television is dying, but I see it more as an old medium, a “classic” medium which some people still use. I remember the television sets they had when I was growing up. My grandparents had one which was a big box with the speakers built into the sides. Super old school. I was born in 1990 and remember growing up with Nintendo 64 on my super small television set. I remember having cable and there being A and B stations rather than just a number. So for instance channel 34, would be 34A or 34B. Television goes back so far, and it is still familiar with older people. I know these same people (television users) will eventually become extinct, that is why it’s important to preserve the T.V! Me, personally, will always watch T.V. My boyfriend uses his Nexus 10 tablet all the time to watch television shows, or his YouTube show “Kid behind A Camera,” and he always tries to get me to watch it with him, but I would rather watch the real T.V.

Like I said, I remember having such a small T.V, with a huge back. Flat screens were not invented yet. My television was just like the old computers. When flat screens came out, everyone had to have one, they were the next best thing. Older television sets started diminishing, which is the still the situation today. It’s rare for people to watch television, unless it’s a sports game. I feel that sports game will always keep the television set alive. People would rather watch the Super Bowl or Stanley Cup on a huge flat screen t.v rather than a small tablet, or a computer, unless they are desperate and have no access to a television. I guess you could say I am old school because I still watch t.v every day. When I come home from work or school I look forward to watching t.v. I also look forward to watching my DVR recordings on my t.v. I have also got into Netflix, but i use my Roku stick to watch it on the t.v so it’s a bigger picture, rather than using it on my computer.

If i were to create my own t.v show I would want to air it both on Netflix and regular t.v. I still like the idea of the old t.v so I would want my show broadcasted on both. My reason for this is because a lot of people have Netflix now, which is accessible via their smart phones or computers. I would want my show available for the older generation, who still watch the old television, yet still available to the newer generations, who watch t.v through their laptops or smartphones. Call me crazy, but I think I will always use the t.v. I mean for me, when I walk into someones house the first thing I see is a t.v I don’t think that will ever change. KEEP THE TELEVISION ALIVE! We love the updates as well, but we need to make it so television never dies!