Finding Inclusive Classrooms

While being at the conference I was really interested about learning how individual speakers were trying to work towards inclusion within society and within the classroom. After I had immersed myself in anything to do with inclusion I had started to see how there was more talk about what people were doing within their research rather than how it should be implemented in a classroom setting. However, this isn’t to say none of the work would be good to use. What I am trying to say is, maybe there should be a little more attention on how the research can actually be applied. Whether that be in a school setting or in public activities. At times there was a speaker who, for 15 minutes, only talked about what people could do but never once said anything about what they were going to do to make inclusion a more realistic plan.

Dr. Garry Hornsby has been working since the beginning of his career to make sure that classrooms are more inclusive. He has been working to make sure inclusive education is spread worldwide. Places like the Us and Germany have been harder to try and make them comply because they don’t want to go along with the CRPD. This is partly because the CRPD would make education a full inclusion area for people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Although I do believe inclusion is a great plan and it should be implemented I think it can be hard to do especially when some students don’t work well around certain environments. I believe if we can find an equal balance with inclusion in mind then soon, hopefully, we will see inclusive classrooms all around the world.