Kiana – What Youtube means to me

Okay so I’m just going to start off by saying I probably am on Youtube way more than I should be as a college student. I feel as though my current life revolves around parodies, homework, and pet videos. Here’s a little breakdown of what I have on my playlist and why I’m so into it 😀

1. Game Theories: I like to listen to all the math involved in the analysis of the games I play. I am not smart enough to math and game at the same time so it’s pretty interesting to hear how unrealistic the games I play actually are, as well as why certain things in games wouldn’t make any sense.
  2. Dog Fails: Who doesn’t love seeing a bunch of dogs try really hard :)? In a cute way. Reminds me of my dogs, the only word they know is “kitty food”. Favorite is at 1:50.
  3. Those who like dog fails will also like people fails. I found this video last winter and I’m sure everyone felt a little bit like they were going to bust their ass. Favorite is at 3:45
  4. I have 2 cats and they’ve done most of these things before. Scratching the mirror, chilling in the bucket of dog food, putting their heads in boxes, etc. I miss my cats… Favorite is at 1:32
  5. Dogs doing a dog thing.
  6. I like to watch properly synced AMV’s with hot anime dudes. It happens.
  7. ^Also like to listen to real hot people sing in Japanese.
  8. Anime openings: I love them, they’re great. I’ve been introduced to a bunch of great artists via anime openings. I also tend to watch anime only if I think the opening is good.
  9. Abridged Series: Sometimes anime is just too long and no one feels like watching 200+ episodes of anything. Cut the anime into a bite sized piece with a sarcastic parody that also covers the gist of what’s actually happening.
  10. This is a parody of the above video. Why not?
  11. Another parody of the Yugioh Abridged parody. Sung in the voices of the characters from the series. I think this version of “Bad Romance” is better than the original.
  12. Fake movie trailer. I’d watch the movie but I still have no desire to play any kind of football game.
  13. R. Kelly’s “Trapped in the Closet” but better.
  14. Let’s plays. I like to watch speedruns of games I’ve beaten but when I get too lazy to play a game myself because 1. It’s too expensive or 2. I know I’d fail super hard at it, I like to watch other people do it. Markiplier is great and RoosterTeeth isn’t really a Let’s Play but you can watch him fail super hard and swear at his console.

I think I’m a bit special when it comes to Youtube. Not sure how many other people watch these kinds of things but I’m hoping my playlist has opened up a few people to the endless possibilities of awesome. Please creep on my playlist and enjoy some of the weirder things on the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL00gPR4m6gWkQ4JoP-5-vKEcMGalnLi5F