A Little Background…

Hello! My name is Joey Grabowski. I am currently a Teaching Fellow with the Supporting STEM Teaching and Learning Through Communities II (S2TLC-II) program at UMASS Amherst.

I was born and raised in Granby, MA where I attended Granby Jr./Sr. High School. In fact, it was my 8th grade teacher that inspired me to join this field. From there I went to study at Westfield State University (WSU) for four years where I graduated with a B.A in Mathematics and Initial Licensure for Mathematics 5-12. During my time at WSU I was introduced to the Inquiry Based Learning (IBL) style of instruction and focused most of my studies on similar instructional styles. One of my WSU professors suggested I apply for the S2TLC Teaching Fellowship at UMASS, and here I am!

Over SY 2017-2018 I will be taking graduate courses at UMASS, and student teaching at Amherst Regional High School. If all goes according to plan I will graduate in June 2018 with a M.Ed. My hope is to use this blog for regular reflection, and to share my thoughts and ideas with anyone who cares to read! Feel free to comment with any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions!

Post navigation

1 comment for “A Little Background…

1. Sandy
    September 15, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Awesome!